Client is looking for an experienced passionate Head Chef to lead a team at a prestigious wedding venue in Oxfordshire.
Applicants must have previous experience in a Head Chef position in a quality driven establishment. The ideal candidate will be motivated and have a genuine passion for food and quality. You will be able to work in a busy environment and thrive under pressure.
Superior leadership and creative skills are essential. Having an excellent overview of your team is of paramount importance, as well as being able to move the menu and kitchen forward. The food reflects chic, contemporary predominantly English cuisine, made from only the finest ingredients and produce. Bespoke menu changes occur, allowing for creative contributions.
Key Accountabilities of a Head Chef:
- Manage the day to day operation of the kitchen which provides meals for the 1500 employee’s
- Ensure dishes are prepared and cooked according to the specific company standards.
- Managing the development and supervision of the Chefs on the section, ensuring they are fully trained and understand their duties.
- Ensure that stock is rotated and controlled within the specific section of the kitchen.
- Ensure the cleaning schedule is adhered to and that cleaning tasks are delegated as appropriate.
- Ensure full understanding of the functional administration of the restaurant, i.e., docket procedures, stations, table numbers, food labelling etc.
- Maintain a detailed Knowledge of the full menu and be able to explain dish descriptions.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements under the H&S act 1974 and Food Hygiene.
- Ensure all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programmes are carefully adhered to.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience in a Head Chef role within a high standard wedding venue
- Strong financial awareness
- Previous menu planning and menu costing experience
- Fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant.
- Ensure procedures are carefully followed at all times.
- Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
- Lead by example.
- Builds effective and constructive relationships.
- Communicate clearly, professionally and concisely.
- Work collaboratively with others in pursuit of team goals.
- Training and development opportunities
- Career planning and progression
- 25 days annual leave (exclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Working 5 days out of 7
Note: All candidates are required to provide proof of eligibility to work within the UK. Please note, due to the high volume of interest in this exciting opportunity, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Contact: 0207 993 6471