Applicants must have previous experience in a Head Chef position in a quality driven establishment. The ideal candidate will be motivated and have a genuine passion for food and quality and able to work in a busy environment and thrive under pressure whilst most importantly bringing high standards to the venue.
Key Accountabilities of a Head Chef:
- Manage the day to day operation of the kitchen
- Ensure dishes are prepared and cooked according to the companies high standards.
- Managing the development and supervision of the Chefs.
- Ensure that stock is rotated and controlled within the specific section of the kitchen.
- Ensure the cleaning schedule is adhered to and that cleaning tasks are delegated as appropriate.
- Ensure full understanding of the functional administration of the restaurant, i.e., docket procedures, stations, table numbers, food labelling etc.
- Maintain a detailed Knowledge of the full menu.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements under the H&S act 1974 and Food Hygiene.
- Ensure all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programmes are carefully adhered to.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience in a Head Chef role
- Strong financial awareness
- Previous menu planning and menu costing experience
- Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
- Lead by example.
- Builds effective and constructive relationships.
- Communicate clearly, professionally and concisely.
- Work collaboratively with others in pursuit of team goals.
Note: All candidates are required to provide proof of eligibility to work within the UK. Please note, due to the high volume of interest in this exciting opportunity, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Contact: 0207 993 6471